2014 was an exciting year for CraftFund with our launch in Wisconsin. As reported by the New York Times and Xconomy, our Wisconsin launch was historic insofar as it represented some of the first types of true equity crowdfunding deals (open to general public/average investor) in the country. Here's a look back at our highlights from 2014:
- Exhibited at BA's Craft Brewers Conference in Denver;
- Presented on equity corwdfunding at several events including Startup Milwaukee, Madison Non Profit Day, and Governor's Small Business Summit;
- Held launch event with Lietenant Governor to celebrate WI's crowdfunding law;
- Launched first equity crowdfunding deals in the state and two of the first in the country;
- Wisconsin launch covered by numerous media outlets including NY Times, Chicago Tribune, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Minneapolis Star Tribune, and Xconomy;
- Helped connect WI businesses with over $75,000 in pledged equity investments from WI residents;
- Grew community user base to over 1800.
We're excited for what 2015 has in store as we look to grow. This includes plans to open our WI platform to other consumer products companies, expand into new states with crowdfunding laws, and add additional team members. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements!